Memberships & Certifications
- Past President of Urological Association of Asia
- Past President of Urological Society of India
- Life member of Societe Internationale D’Urologie (National Delegate)
- BOC Member 2004 – 2006
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member of Urological Society of India
- Life Member of Geriatric Society of India
- Life Member of Urolithiasis Society of India
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association
- Life Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Life Member of Indian Society of Oncology
- Life Member of Indian Endoscopy Society
- Life Member of Indian Association of Laser Surgery
- International Member of American Urological Association
- Member of Society of Endourology and SWL
- Doctor of Science(D.Sc) - Rani Durgawati Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur 2009
- Fellow Academy of Medical Sciences(FAMS) National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 1998
- M.Ch.(Urology) - AIIMS, New Delhi 1977
- M.S.(Surgery) - Government Medical College, Jabalpur 1974
- M.B.B.S. - Government Medical College, Jabalpur 1970
- Robotic Surgery for Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, Testicular Cancer
- Diseases of Prostate - Bipolar TURP/ Laser Prostatectomy
- Urinary Stone Diseases - Endoscopic Procedures, PCNL, URS, RIRS
- Reconstructive Surgery for Urethral Stricture , Urethroplasty
- Sexual Dysfunction – Penile Implants
- Male Infertility – Microsurgery for Varicocele, Vaso Epididymal Anastomosis
- Neurovesical Dysfunction, LUTS, Urinary Incontinence, Over active bladder
Dr. N.P. Gupta joined as Chairman, Academics and Research Division Urology in year 2010. After doing specialization in Urology, he joined All India Institute of Medical sciences (AIIMS) as faculty in 1979 and rose to the position of Professor and Head of Department (1998-2010).
During his distinguished career of 45 years in the field of Urology, Dr Gupta contributed immensely to the growth of the sciences of Urology both at National and International Level. He has performed more than 30,000 operations for various urological diseases.
He is a pioneer and renowned surgeon who started robotic surgery in Urology in 2006 at AIIMS and today has performed the largest number of robotic surgeries in India in his specialty.
He was President of Urological Society of India (2007) and Asia (2008-10) and National Delegate and Board Member of Socitete Internationale D’ Urologie (2004-06). He has received several National and International Awards namely, Padamshree by Government of India (2007), Dr. B. C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005).